Do you feel the need? The need for speed? That’s right, it’s bomber jacket Tuesday at Motilo. How can you spread that high collared zip up jacket across an entire top ten? Well, just take a look at the Spring Summer 2013 catwalks and you’ll see how easy it is. So many collections featured these versatile beauties, in every colour and texture under the sun. Perfect for layering, or for those tricky transitional days, here are our favourites of the season…
Styling by Rebecca Corbin-Murray
1. Balenciaga, Printed Satin Bomber Jacket; £865, motilo.com
Have you lost that loving feeling? Bring it back with the super romantic floral pattern on this luxe satin bomber jacket from an ’80s inspired Balenciaga season. Talk about jazzing up a classic…
2. Maison Martin Margiela, Silk Bomber Jacket; £755, motilo.com
Bombers have a certain masculine feel about them, so add a kick of feminine charm with MMM’s eye-popping pink silk number.
3. Maje, Audace Two-tone Georgette Bomber Jacket; £280, motilo.com
A classic and (reasonably) cheap, all in one delicious monochrome package. Versatility is the name of game with Maje’s delicious daytime design.
4. Theyskens’ Theory, Jilla Linen and Cotton-blend Bomber Jacket; £455, motilo.com
This has true aviation inspiration, and Theyskens’ Theory have added a slither of glamour to the androgynous khaki with a delicate linen sheen.
5. Givenchy, Paisley Bomber Jacket; £2,385, motilo.com
Geometric shapes with a paisley print twist? This Givenchy jacket makes wearing complex creations seem both effortless and elegant.
6. Rag & Bone, Cambridge Floral-print Cotton-blend and Leather Bomber Jacket; £670, motilo.com
Stand out from the crowd with the bold juxtaposition of yellow and powder blue floral with patent leather sleeves. A certified Maverick.
7. Victoria Beckham, Silk and Wool Baseball Jacket; £1,450, motilo.com
Put a slightly more sophisticated slant on the traditional style with Victoria Beckham’s shorter, waisted, shoulder accentuated and slightly more fitted cut.
8. Burberry Prorsum, Cropped Satin Bomber Jacket; £995, motilo.com
A bomber jacket in cropped rusty satin with a cape sleeves? Have we died and gone to jacket heaven? The perfect wingman for any spring outfit.
9. Etoile Isabel Marant, Anderson Cotton-blend Jacket; £310, motilo.com
Bomber jackets make us think of flying, and flying makes us think of birds, and birds make us think of freedom. Seems that thought process also went though Isabel Marant’s head as she created this slogan-stitched bird-motif bomber.
10. T by Alexander Wang, Raglan Sweater Jacket; £228.50, motilo.com
Wang continues to wear his crown as king of minimalism with the cleanest lines we’ve ever seen on the, often too bulky, bomber. This one is slim-fitted, simple, and consequently, seductive.